Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Ever Beautiful Story


My Ever Beautiful Story
Jojie Gabot
Hi! I have a beautiful story to tell -- as beautiful as my name suggests. I am Jo Erlinda Maufit Gabot, born in Makati City on September 15, 1975. I am 33 years old now and the second child of Maria Josefina Saballa Maufit Gabot of Malalam, Ilagan, Isabela, Philippines and Alfredo G. Gabot of Binalonan, Pangasinan both scholars of the city government of Manila at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM).
I have a unique and beautiful name. My father who is a writer and journalist says he gave me my name Jo for sweetheart and Erlinda which is Spanish for ever beautiful. My name, therefore, means "Ever Beautiful Sweetheart."
I studied at the Colegio de San Agustin, Saint Scholastica's College and later at the Colegio de San Juan de Letran in the historic Spanish walled city of Intramuros.
I am married to Brian Ramos Nebres of Cavite City and we have two handsome boys and two beautiful girls now – Ian-jo Nicholas who was born at the UCLA Harbor Medical Center at Torrance City in Los Angeles, California on November 5, 1995; Jiean Carlo (March 16, 1997), Ysabelle Denise, (November 10, 1999) and Amelia Zoe (July 8,2004).
For several years, I worked at the office of my Godfather, Mayor Lito Atienza Jr. of Manila who is making great as Mayor of Manila. Now, I am following the steps of my father as a writer and your blogger. I have not completed my college studies and have no high-paying-job or career, but by bringing my happy, healthy children into the world, has been the most rewarding job of all -- being a caring and loving mother...
Being a mother or parent is a big responsibility but its one you would not trade for anything else. In fact, it's the best thing that ever happened to me. God has given me the most awesome, wonderful, and special chance to care for other souls -- to fully nurture and love without question. As a mother, you witness in your midst a miracle -- how your beautiful babies grow into handsome and gorgeous kids and grow into adorable little person with unique personality and charm. That, I think, is the greatest gift of motherhood!
When that little baby gives you a toothless grin in a dimly lit room in the middle of the night, while changing his diaper -- everything melts away. You forget your headaches, all the aches and pains vanish and without noticing it, you suddenly feel good and strong. Seeing your baby grow, you will discover the world around you all over again through your child's eyes. Seeing butterflies, hearing the sound of an airplane, helicopter, even the sound of a leaf falling to the ground, etc. The simplest things make children happy, and those are the things that I have often taken for granted or forget about.

No comments:

Post a Comment